Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Big 41

Yesterday my baby turned the big 41 -- .41 of a year that is. Maxine's 5 months already. I remember holding her in the hospital when she was under 6 pounds; I didn't even know how to move with her in my arms. Now I just toss her around like a football...which perhaps paints an ugly picture given my total lack of athletic ability. I should say I carry her around like the free tote bag I got after spending over $32.50 at the Clinique counter, which I no longer do by the way. I’m strictly MAC and Aveda now.

In any case, Maxine is growing into her own personality and it’s a laugh to watch. I can tell from her cry if she’s hungry or wants to be held or is bored and wants more attention. She shrieks angrily when I can’t tell.

She has more smiles than I have Chipotle charges on my Discover card. That's a lot of smiles -- trust me. This is her pre-giggle smile. Her pre-laugh smile is even better. I've tried to catch them all on film, but after a while realized that it's better to be a part of it, rather than to always be trying to capture it. Not that that will stop me from trying.

2 comments:

Ang said...

She's beautiful! You have so much to look forward to in the new few months!! How exciting!

btw- do you care if I introduce you in one of my blogs?

MarilovesJon said...

Pre-smiles are the best! She's sooo cute! I can't wait to meet her!