Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jeopardy

I've decided I'm sort of on a quest of trying out for games shows. I auditioned in person for Deal or No Deal in California last year. I thought I had a decent shot as I made it to round 3, but no deal (pun intended).

Yesterday I took the Jeopardy! online audition and well....

Lets just say if the answer was "this gal did miserably on her online Jeopardy audition", the question would be "Who is Lovi?"

I'm exaggerating, but only by a bit. I got some questions right for sure -- this girl knows her pop culture (i.e. celebrity relationships, movies, TV, music, etc.), but man oh man, this girl does NOT know her royal history nor geology nor biology, among a whole host of other categories.

There is no pass/fail status at the end. You just know you did well if you get an invitation to audition in person. I am not expecting said invitation, but it was fun to try it. Who Wants to be a Millionaire is next!

3 comments:

Ang said...

OMG! you totally have to let me know if you make it on one! I LOVE GAME SHOWS!!!!
Jeopardy is one of my faves... but any would be SO exciting!!! GOOD LUCK LOVI!

MarilovesJon said...

I think I'm a little bitter about the Deal or No Deal thing because I don't watch that show anymore. I don't watch Jeopardy because I'm not that kind of smart. I'm smart and I know a lot of things but Jeopardy is a whole different level!

I think instead of game shows we should try to get on Oprah--especially during her Giveaway show. What do you think???

Lovi said...

Mari - I think your idea of getting on Oprah during giveway week proves that you are Jeopardy smart. :-)

I was totally bitter about DOND for a while too. Plus that 30 minute version SUCKS. I will wathc the full version now every now and then. I have forgiven the casting producers for passing on 2 gems like us. LOL :-)

Ang - Thank you for the luck, but I just found the online transcript which shows the questions and answers and it's not looking good. :-O