Monday, December 8, 2008

My First Ebay Auction

Call me a bit behind the trend, but I just bid on Ebay for the first time...and won! Recently I fell in love with a brand of shoes I'd never before heard of called Keens. Supposedly they were designed by a guy who used to work on boats or ships and he was constantly getting sore toes from knocking his shoes. (No idea if this is a common occurrence when sailing, or if it was just him, but this is how the story was told to me.) So he created Keens, which have a distinctive black ribbing around the toes.

But the real reason I fell for them? The first pair I saw were in red and I instantly wanted them. But give their $90 price tag, I couldn't quite convince my wallet. So I headed to Ebay, for the first time with the intent to bid, and typed in "keen presidio". Believe it or not there was only one pair in the color I wanted (tomato) and it was serendipitously in a size seven. Highest bid at the time? A mere $10.50. I registered, bid, and 12 hours later, I won.

Sweet victory, you come to me in the form of shoes!

They arrive later this week. Hopefully there won't be a post about the evils buying shoes on Ebay next...

3 comments:

Ang said...

eBay is the BOMB!!! congrats on your first transaction :)

Ang said...

oh, and i used to sell shoes... and Keens are the bomb!

Unknown said...

I'm still a Ebay virgin lol