Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Best Conversation

Today I had one of the best conversations of my life...with my 18 month old daughter. I was in the bathroom putting on makeup when I heard the door swing open.

Disclaimer: I found this to be one of the best conversations I've ever had because it is the first time where I realized afterwards...I just had a little conversation with my daughter. There were no great revelations made, no surprise turn of events, nor any secrets revealed, but I don't think I will forget it any time soon. My baby is growing up!

Her: Momma!
Me: Hi, Maxine!
Her: How are you?
Me: I'm good, baby. How are you?
Her: "Goot"
Me: Did you drink your milk?
Her: Yes.
Me: Maxine, I wish I could stay home all day and play with. I don't want to go to work.
Her: Okay.
Me: Can I stay home?
Her: No.
Me: Should I go to work?
Her: No.
Me: What should I do then?
Her: Well....
Me: Where's daddy?
Her: (Points to the bedroom) Right there! (Runs away at this point.)

It's hard to believe this is the same little girl who couldn't lift her own head 18 months ago. Every day brings something new right now.

2 comments:

Ang said...

adorable!

Unknown said...

I love it! you have that forever. :)