Wednesday, June 10, 2009

365 Days Ago

Three hundred and sixty-five days ago my eyes opened suddenly at 6am. A few seconds later, my water broke. After taking a shower, shaving my legs, packing Paul's overnight bag, and calling my boss, we headed for the hospital.

After 15 hours of pitocin, 1 epidural, watching 3 quarters of NBA finals game 3 (Lakers vs Celtics), and 2 and half hours of pushing, my daughter was born just after midnight.

Today, 365 days later, I woke up suddenly at 6am. This time it was to the sound of Maxine crying. My 364 days old daughter was ready for milk, ready to start the day, ready to walk around the living room carrying her favorite toy in hand.

Seriously, what a difference a year makes.

1 comment:

Ang said...

What a great story! Thank you for sharing this....