Monday, February 2, 2009

Wrong Number Etiquette

In May I got a new cell phone number and from day one the wrong phone number calls began and continue to this day. I get at least 2 or 3 every day and often just let them go to voice mail. But one day the voice mail left was from an elementary school where some kid was sick and needed his mom to come pick him up. I felt bad that I hadn't picked up and there was no number to call back, so then I started picking them up again.

This brings me to my point. If you call someone and suspect that you've dialed the wrong number, please do not try to figure it out by asking (rudely I might add) "who's this?" Identify yourself first and/or state who you're looking for. Don't call me and demand to know who it is. If you do, you'll get a equally rude "who's this" back. Enough said.

3 comments:

Ang said...

WORD!

simplicity said...

I totally agree Lovi! I hate rude wrong number callers.

A Poole said...

I recently got a voice mail from a man who was giving condolences for a friend's wife's passing. It was very sweet and I didn't quite know what to do. Some grieving man out there doesn't know that his friend was thinking of him. Sad.